Author: Matthew Stephenson Prep Time: 10 mins
ook Time: 35 mins Yield: 12 muffins Category: Muffins
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 1/2 medium or 2 large bananas)
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, more to sprinkle on top
1 3/4 cups Baking Flour of Choice (Gluten free, White, wheat, etc.)
Optional: 1/2 cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices…
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a muffin pan
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased muffin pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. I also drizzle honey on top for added sweetness to the muffin top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (typically, if I haven’t added any mix-ins, my muffins are done at 30 minutes; if I have added mix-ins, it needs closer to 40 minutes). Let the muffins cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to
cool for 20 minutes before eating.