How To Create Hormonal Balance
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons your favorite natural nut butter of choice (I like peanut or almond butter)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- ¼ cup Almond Breeze Almond milk Original Unsweetened ( But I like Vanilla Unsweetened)
- In large bowl whisk together coconut flour and baking soda; set aside. In a separate medium bowl, beat nut butter, eggs, honey, banana and almond milk together until smooth and well combined. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix together. Note: If you find that the batter is WAY too thick (almost paste like), you can add in a teaspoon or two of milk until it is smooth, but still thick.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with vegetable or coconut oil and place over medium low heat (coconut flour is sensitive to burning so medium-low heat is best). Drop about 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the skillet; you may need to use a spoon to spread out the batter just a tiny bit. It’s important not to place more than 3 tablespoons of batter at a time; the pancakes can be hard to flip if they are too large, so smaller pancakes are best. Plus mini pancakes are adorable, duh. It’s very important to cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges are well cooked. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. If you find that the pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower your skillet heat a bit. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more melted butter or cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 2 servings, 3 pancakes each.